To join Kentucky Ag Women for Wellness, simply subscribe to the newsletter (right sidebar) and come to a meeting. There are no dues or applications at this time.
- KAWW Members must be women to have voting privileges.
- Men are welcome to attend meetings, join in discussions and networking.
2. The focus is Wellness Agriculture.
All welcome who either engage in or support wellness ag. This translates as farming methods that include:
- non-GMO feed for livestock
- pastured, free-range animals, no CAFOs
- non-GMO seed for plants
- no glyphosate (Round-Up) used on property
- herbicide/pesticide free (with some exceptions)
- growth hormones, prophylactic antibiotics not used
- organic certification not necessary
- organic practices encouraged
Farmers in transition welcome!
While Monsanto will not be speaking at any KAWW meetings, we aren’t purists and nobody’s perfect. We’ve all run out of the good feed… The goal is wholesome, real food going into healthy bodies and lifestyles. KAWW aims to be a supportive network for farmers and businesses sharing the same values.